- In this article, you will learn how to create partitions on your hard disk without losing any data and without the need for any additional software to do so.
- This method works with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. If you have a single partition on your Laptop or your Computer, then this partition can be extended to create more partitions.
To create a partition follow the steps given below
- Go to Control Panel ( Start -> Control Panel ).
- Go to System and Security and in Administrative Tools Click on “Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions”
- The disk management Window shows all the disks and various partitions available on you machine. To create a partition from an existing partition right click on any partition and select “Shrink Volume”.
- Now Enter the amount of space you want to shrink. This must be equal to the size of the new partition that needs to be created.
- Once the volume is shrunk, an unallocated disk will appear in the list of partitions. Now Right Click and Select New SimpleVolume and follow the steps to create a new Partition